International Babywearing Week (IBW) is coming up Oct. 7-13! We’re planning a week of fun activities that celebrate babywearing, and you can participate in person and on Facebook!
Change your cover photo for the week! The pre-made image can be downloaded.
Here are the plans:
Monday, Oct. 7:
- Babywearing at the pumpkin patch meetup at Ganyard Hill Farm in Durham, 10 a.m.
- Facebook challenge: Change your profile pic to a babywearing photo for the week.
Tuesday, Oct. 8:
- Facebook challenge: Here in the group, post your favorite babywearing photo. Huge bonus points if it includes one of our lending library carriers!
Wednesday, Oct. 9:
- Facebook challenge: Post your favorite photo of daddy/grandpa/big brother babywearing.
Thursday, Oct. 10:
- Babywearing park playdate at McDonald Woods Park in Cary, NC 5-7 p.m.
- Facebook challenge: Post your favorite vacation/travel babywearing photo.
Friday, Oct. 11:
- Facebook challenge: Try a new carry or carrier today! Post a picture.
Saturday, Oct. 12:
- Regular BWI-T Garner meeting at 10 a.m. (see the Facebook event for details).
We will be selling raffle tickets for the chance to win one of four prizes:
- Black Boba wrap
- Blue Boba Air (can be worn on front or back)
- Little Frog Sunny Agate ring sling (Kalea shoulder)
- $25 gift certificate to Comfy Joey
$5 – 1 ticket, $10 – 3 tickets, $15 – 5 tickets, $20 – 8 tickets
Tickets will be available at BWI-T meetings and also online by sending Paypal to email@example.com. Please include the best way to contact you in the note section. We will not be able to ship prizes so if an out of town friend/relative buys tickets, we won’t ship the prize. Members can arrange shipping privately at their cost. Drawing will take place at the Sweetbottoms Fall Festival on October 26.